Terms & Conditions (T&C’s)
Electric Runner Car Rental- Sole Proprietorship LLC
Yas Marina Circuit
Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
(hereinafter referred to as “Electric Runner”)
A. Authorised Drivers, Documents Required at Vehicle Collection
- When the vehicle is handed over, the renter must prove that he is at least 25 years old and has had a valid driver’s UAE driving licence for at least 1 year.
In the case of the following vehicles/motorizations, the lessee must prove that he/she is at least 25 years old and has had a valid driving licence for at least 5 years when the vehicle is handed over:
Tesla Model 3 and Y “Performance”.
- As proof, the renter must present a valid EID and a valid driver’s licence when the vehicle is handed over. The renter also assures that there is no driving ban.
- The vehicle may only be driven by drivers specified in the rental agreement. When the vehicle is handed over, the original driving licence of each additional driver must be presented. The renter confirms that he is responsible for the actions of each additional driver. He will also inform or make available to each additional driver about the content of the rental agreement, the currently valid General Terms and Conditions, list of fees and data protection agreement of Electric Runner.
- Corporate customers must independently check whether the above conditions apply to the driver.
B. Rent and Fees
- The rent is to be paid by the tenant in advance.
- The tenant bears the costs for energy and electricity, if applicable, as well as costs for other auxiliary and operating materials that arise during the rental period. Tolls are also paid by the renter.
- Further fees can be found in the list of fees.
The rent is to be paid by the tenant in advance.
The following payment methods are available for this:
We will charge your credit card monthly with the appropriate charges and issue you an invoice accordingly.
For corporate rentals, a direct transfer will be required, against an issued invoice – within 7 days of receiving the invoice.
- The amount of the deposit is specified in the rental agreement.
- Electric Runner can offset claims from the tenancy against the deposit repayment claim.
- The deposit has to be paid in advance.
- Electric Runner is entitled to offset damage to the rental object or additional kilometres caused by the renter from the deposit. The deposit does not constitute a liability limit for additional kilometres driven or self-inflicted damage to the vehicle.
E. Long-term rental, extension of the rental contract, inclusive kilometres
- A rental period of at least 6 months is defined as a long-term rental.
- Long-term rentals are billed monthly in advance.
- If an existing rental contract is extended, Electric Runner is entitled to adjust the monthly rent. The renter also agrees that the vehicle can be exchanged by Electric Runner during the contract period.
- For the duration of the rental agreement, an inclusive number of kilometres is agreed. If this is exceeded when the vehicle is returned, the renter must pay a fee for each additional kilometre above the originally agreed number of kilometres in accordance with the list of fees.
H. Delivery, return of the vehicle
- The vehicle is handed over and returned at the Electric Runner location. If necessary, Electric Runner and the rentee can agree on a different arrangement.
- The vehicle is handed over with at least 80% battery charge. The return is made by the rentee with at least 80% state of charge. If the charge level is lower, Electric Runner will charge for the charge according to the schedule of charges.
- When the vehicle is handed over or returned, Electric Runner creates a log in which the equipment, mileage, general condition and other data are recorded.
- Upon return, the vehicle must be in perfect condition and free from excessive dirt. If this is not the case, a corresponding flat-rate fee will be charged in accordance with the list of fees. It is possible to book a corresponding cleaning fee.
I. Use of the vehicle
- The use of the track mode and the drift mode are not permitted, monitoring is carried out by Electric Runner via the app provided by Tesla, Inc. Failure to comply will result in Electric Runner incurring a penalty fee as per the current schedule of fees.
- The rentee may not make any technical or visual changes to the vehicle.
- The renter may only use the vehicle in the countries specified in the rental agreement. Failure to do so will result in no insurance cover.
- The renter undertakes to protect the vehicle from overuse in any way.
- Subletting is not permitted.
- The vehicle may only be used on public roads and may not be used for the following purposes:
- Participation in car races or similar trips
- Off-road rides
- Carriage of dangerous goods within the meaning of the Dangerous Goods Ordinance for Road, Rail and Inland Waterways
- driving safety training
- driving school exercises
- Passenger transport for a fee
- The renter also assures that he will not drive the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating / mind-altering substances- local laws apply.
- Passing the vehicle on to third parties is not permitted- without prior agreement.
- No clothing that rubs off or has sharp-edged elements may be worn in the vehicle.
- It is not permitted to remove advertising elements located on the vehicle. Failure to comply will result in a penalty fee according to the current fee schedule.
- Smoking in the vehicle is prohibited. Failure to comply will result in a penalty fee according to the current fee schedule.
- Electric Runner points out that there is no insurance cover for the renter if the above points are not observed.
- As a result of using the vehicle, various data/information can be stored: navigation data, device names of mobile phones when connected to the vehicle, access data for the streaming services provided by Tesla, Inc., video recordings from the cameras installed in the vehicle. The tenant is responsible for deleting this data. Reference is made to the separate data protection agreement.
J. Renter’s Obligations
- The renter undertakes to use the vehicle carefully and conscientiously.
- If the vehicle is rented for a period of more than 7 days, the lessee undertakes to check the tire pressure regularly and, if necessary, to take the necessary measures in compliance with the data listed in the operating instructions.
K. Repairs, accidents, theft
- If the renter discovers a defect in the vehicle that limits its usability and requires repairs, Electric Runner must be notified immediately. He is not permitted to have the vehicle repaired in an unauthorised workshop without the consent of Electric Runner.
- If the lessee is involved in a traffic accident, damage caused by wildlife, fire or similar while using the vehicle through no fault of his or her own fault, he must immediately ensure that the accident or the course of the damage is recorded by the police. He must also notify Electric Runner immediately and submit a written accident report with a sketch of the accident, if applicable. The full names and addresses of all those involved in the accident and witnesses must be recorded in the accident report.
- If the vehicle is damaged by third parties or the rental object is stolen, the renter must immediately notify or call in the local police and inform Electric Runner immediately.
- The lessee is obliged to notify Electric Runner immediately of any event that could lead to a claim under the Environmental Damage Act.
L. Replacement vehicle
- If the rented vehicle is not roadworthy due to the renter’s own actions or actions that are his/her own fault, or as a result it has to be repaired or serviced by an authorised workshop to be determined by the lessor, the renter has no right to a replacement vehicle in this case.
- During the term of the rental agreement, the renter is obliged to return the vehicle at the direction of Electric Runner if there is an important reason. Important reasons are above all a recall by the manufacturer of the vehicle, service, maintenance or repair work or reaching a certain holding period. Upon return, the lessee will receive a replacement vehicle for the remainder of the rental agreement. If the lessee does not meet his obligation to return the vehicle after the lessor has set a deadline, Electric Runner can terminate the existing rental agreement without notice and demand compensation from the lessee.
- The statutory liability rules apply. The lessee is not liable if Electric Runner obtains compensation for the damage caused to the other party involved in the accident, other third parties involved in the accident or from the existing comprehensive insurance or otherwise.
- The renter is liable for all damage to the vehicle that is due to operating errors, overuse or breach of obligations during the term of the rental agreement.
- The lessee is equally liable for damage culpably caused by him or the other driver named in the rental agreement, his relatives, workers, employees, co-drivers or other third parties who have come into contact with the rental object through or through the lessee, insofar as he culpably fails to make the necessary conclusive statements about the person and the thing necessary for the enforcement of any claims for damages by Electric Runner.
- The lessee is also liable if the damage is only discovered after the rental item has been returned. In this case, Electric Runner must prove that the rental object has not been used by it or a third party in the meantime.
- Compliance with the existing regulations and laws, in particular the road traffic regulations, during the use of the rental object is solely the responsibility of the tenant.
- The renter indemnifies Electric Runner from all fines, warnings, fees or other costs that authorities levy against Electric Runner as a result of such violations and is fully liable for all violations. Electric Runner will inform the responsible authorities or other third parties about the tenant registered for the duration of the rental agreement and forward the corresponding fine notices or other letters to them. The tenant undertakes to cooperate and clarify the above-mentioned facts accordingly.
- If damage is found when the rented item is returned that is not listed in this contract or in the handover protocol, it is assumed that the renter is responsible for the damage, unless he can prove that the damage was already caused when the rented item was handed over or the vehicle has passed.
- For the rented vehicle, the insurance cover extends to liability insurance with a maximum sum insured of 2,000,000 AED.
Please note the separate information under “E. use of the vehicle”.
- In the event of an insured event, the lessee or driver undertakes to ensure that the damage is averted and reduced as far as possible. In doing so, he must, to the extent reasonable, follow instructions from Electric Runner and obtain instructions.
- In the event of liability damage, the lessee or driver is not entitled to fully or partially recognize or satisfy third-party claims without the prior consent of Electric Runner.
- Electric Runner is entitled to fulfil or ward off claims for damages asserted against the lessee or driver and to make all declarations that appear appropriate within the framework of dutiful discretion. The same applies to defending against claims under public law, in particular decisions on fire brigade costs, as well as to submitting the necessary declarations under public law that are required to settle the case of damage.
- If a claim is asserted against the renter out of court, he must notify Electric Runner immediately.
- If a claim is asserted against the renter in court, he must report this to Electric Runner immediately. Renter must allow Electric Runner to conduct the litigation. Electric Runner is entitled to hire a lawyer for this purpose, whom the tenant must authorise and provide all necessary information and requested documents. This also applies to administrative proceedings in connection with a claim under the Environmental Damage Act.
- The renter may only use the vehicle in countries of the European Union and in Switzerland. Outside of these limits, there is no insurance cover in motor vehicle insurance (particularly comprehensive insurance).
- The rental contract can be terminated by Electric Runner or the renter in accordance with the statutory provisions. Electric Runner can terminate the rental contract extraordinarily without notice for good cause if the renter violates the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions. The following provisions apply:
- Renter agrees that in such an event, Renter must return Vehicle to Electric Runner’s address at Renter’s expense within 1 business day.
- If the renter cannot comply with this, each additional day beyond the originally agreed rental period will be charged additionally according to the current list of fees.
- If the vehicle does not arrive at Electric Runner by the 3rd working day, Electric Runner is entitled to commission a transport company and pick up the rental item at the expense of the lessee.
- The tenant agrees that the rent already paid will not be reimbursed.
- If there are several rental agreements between Electric Runner and the tenant and one of these rental agreements is terminated by Electric Runner without notice, the other rental agreements can also be terminated without notice.
- If a rental contract is terminated by Electric Runner in accordance with the statutory provisions or without notice, the lessee must return the vehicle to the Electric Runner location together with the equipment specified in the handover protocol.
P. Use of the Tesla, Inc. App
- For the duration of the rental agreement, the renter will have access to the vehicle via the Tesla, Inc app (hereinafter referred to as “Tesla App”). Electric Runner thus provides the renter with the full range of functions and user experience of the vehicle. Electric Runner is not liable for the content of the Tesla App and expressly points out to the renter that all regulations and agreements for the use of the Tesla App are made between him and Tesla, Inc.
- The renter can view the location of the vehicle at any time via the Tesla app. If other drivers are entered in the rental agreement, the renter must inform them of this.
- Electric Runner can also view the location of the vehicle at any time via the Tesla App.
More information on this can be found in the data protection agreement.
Q. Use of Dash Cam and Sentry Mode
- When using the vehicle, the exterior cameras can store video recordings of the vehicle surroundings on a USB flash drive. Features that support these video recordings are, depending on the vehicle settings that the renter makes:
- The dashcam (consisting of front, side and rear cameras)
- The sentry mode (consisting of front, side and rear cameras)
- The lessee releases Electric Runner from all fines and warnings, fees or other costs that authorities levy against Electric Runner on the basis of the above-mentioned violations of data protection law when using the “Dashcam” and/or “Guard Mode” functions and is liable for all of them Violations unlimited. Electric Runner will inform the responsible authorities or other third parties about the tenant registered for the duration of the rental agreement and forward the corresponding fine notices or other letters to them. The tenant undertakes to cooperate and clarify the above-mentioned facts accordingly.
R. Contract language
The contractual language between Electric Runner and the lessee is English.
S. Dispute Participation
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS), which you can find at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. Electric Runner is neither obligated nor willing to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
If the lessee is a merchant within the meaning of the Commercial Code, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from contractual relationships between us and the lessee is our place of business.
U. Changes to the GTC
The renter agrees that changes to these terms and conditions can be sent at any time by email 5 working days before they come into effect.